Tired of watching YouTube videos and then having it stop loading right in the middle? Or while in a heated discussion over Viber, you suddenly stop getting messages because you ran out of data? Don’t let that happen again! Here are 9 tips to maximize and conserve that data.
1. Limit background data usage. This feature allows your apps to check for new information in the background in an intelligent and controlled manner. This function eats up a lot of your battery and data
2. Turn off your push notifications and apps that are not in use. These alerts also eat your data because it fetches notifications from your apps.
3. View the mobile version of a website. You should browse mobile versions of websites as much as possible as they tend to use less data and load faster.
4. Use the save offline feature: Some apps like iflix and YouTube have this feature. When you download a video over wifi, you save data. Also, by downloading it, you can watch it anytime, anywhere. Plus, you can play the video as many times as you want. Cool, right?
5. Screenshot pictures instead of downloading them. Downloading costs some of your data so use that screenshot feature of your phone! The feature is brilliant – and free! Use it!
6. Use free data management apps. There are many free data management apps at the App Store and the Google Play Store but the top pick is Onavo. It lets you set your monthly data limit, analyze data usage per app, receive real time alerts when you’re about to reach your data limit and so much more. With this, you can easily manage your data usage even and even extend the value of your data plans and promos!
7. Get rid of ads. They are annoying and they eat your data as well. This is a good reason to consider splurging on the ad-free version of an app that you always use.
8. Download and regularly check your MySmart app: Look at your data subscription and see what’s remaining. If you only have a few MB left, connect via Wi-Fi and conserve your data until your plan refreshes. If you do not have a My Smart account yet, get one now!
9. Subscribe to a promo that gives you bigger data. Give Smart Giga Surf a try. Giga Surf gives you 1GB of open access volume data and additional 300MB for iflix, YouTube, and more. All valid for 3 days, for only P50! I bet you won’t even use up all that data! Subscribe now!
Those are some of the very best tips available for managing your mobile data consumption. With these tips and tricks, you get to enjoy staying online for as long as you want without worrying if you have enough data! Happy surfing!