Have you ever wanted to become a famous TikToker? If so, you’re not alone. Since its introduction to the international market in 2017, TikTok has taken the world by storm, captivating millions with its entertaining short-form videos and fueling people’s quest for Internet fame.
While creating an account on TikTok is easy, becoming a star requires more than just uploading random videos. You’ll also need to commit a lot of time and effort if you want to reach 10,000 followers or more. Here are a few tips to help you captivate your viewers and turn them into dedicated followers:
Create a Content Schedule and Strategy
Creating a content schedule will help you stay organized and ensure that you consistently provide your followers with fresh, engaging content. Additionally, developing a content strategy will give your TikToks a cohesive theme, helping you stand out from the crowd. So how do you go about it?
- Identify your niche and target audience.
- Find your passion and focus on creating content that aligns with your strength.
- Determine how often you can post without compromising on quality.
- Post daily, every other day, or a few times a week—just make sure to set a schedule and stick to it.
- Be true to yourself. Authenticity is crucial on TikTok, so ensure your content lets your unique personality shine through.
- Get inspiration and brainstorm new ideas by watching tons of content from popular TikTokers, such as dancers Niana Guerrero and FIK-SHUN.
- Pay attention to how famous TikTokers frame their shots, what they’re wearing, and how they present themselves on camera. These details can give you a big edge over others.
Optimize Your TikToks for Visibility
In a sea of TikTok content, you need your videos to stand out. To increase your chances of being discovered and growing your following, make sure your content stands out in TikToks’ algorithms as well. Your videos will be more visible to users who are interested in the kind of content you create. Here are some of the best ways to do this:
- Write an engaging caption. Inject a little humor or ask a question. Just make sure that your caption isn’t too long or else it may cover up too much of your video.
- Include keywords and hashtags related to your niche or topic. These will make it easier for TikTok to understand what your video is about and allow people to find your content through the search function. You might also want to use related hashtags used by popular TikTokers in your niche.
- Regularly check the performance of your videos. Click on the Analytics tab under Creator Tools to access data and analytics on all your videos. This is a great way to spot what content is popular with your existing following. In turn, you can replicate the things that work for you and drop ones that underperform.
Utilize Self-Promotion and Marketing
While TikTok’s algorithm can help your content reach a broader audience, self-promotion and marketing play a vital role in growing your following. Consider these methods:
- Ask family and friends to start following you on TikTok to establish a base set of followers.
- Promote your content on other social media channels like Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram in order to attract more people to your TikTok account.
- Explore collaboration opportunities with other TikTokers with a large following as you start to make a name for yourself and get more organic followers.
- Consider collaborating with creators whose channels are the same size as yours. This approach provides a higher chance of the other TikToker accepting your collaboration proposal while increasing your exposure to a different audience.
Becoming a TikTok star is not an overnight journey, but with dedication, creativity, and these essential tips, you can captivate and grow your following. That said, go grab your phone, unleash your creativity, and embark on an exciting journey toward Tiktok stardom. Make sure to subscribe to Power All 99 or Power All 149, which both come with UNLI TikTok, so you can access the platform anytime!